free counters

donderdag 30 september 2010

Update on Hardy's WWE status, Dolph Ziggler talks about stuff, and more!

Regarding Matt Hardy’s present status with World Wrestling Entertainment, both sides remain at a strong stalemate.
Company officials want Hardy to address his issues, but he doesn’t want to. Furthermore, they are unwilling to release him at this time because they don’t want him joining rival promotion TNA Wrestling.
One company source indicated that the touring schedule has been hectic as of late and when things settle down following Sunday’s Hell in a Cell pay-per-view, Hardy’s situation will likely be addressed.


WWE has signed “The Bashing Bulgarian” Miroslav to a developmental contract. Miroslav is from Bulgaria and was trained by Gangrel and Rikishi, among others, at the Knokx Pro Wrestling Academy in Burbank, California.
Miroslav would be WWE’s second acquistion from Knokx Pro, following Alberto Del Rio’s personal ring announcer Ricardo Rodriguez. He too is a trained professional wrestling.


WWE Intercontinental champoin Dolph Ziggler was interviewed by Phil Strum of the Poughkeepsie Journal this week to promote Sunday’s Hell in a Cell pay-per-view. Below are the highlights of what Ziggler said about:
Being Satisfied With His Career: “Actually, I’m a bit of a perfectionist. I’ve worked really hard to get where I am today. On my own personal schedule, I am a little behind schedule. I think I’ve dealt with things really well in my career and I’m on track.”
Being Sent Back To FCW After The Spirit Squad Gimmick: “Of course, it’s scary any time you’re coming off the main roster. But I was less than a year into the business at the time and I knew I just needed to work harder than everybody else. I had to go back and learn more of the business. I had two or three practices where I worked with some of the best guys. Working with Shawn Michaels, Triple H and Ric Flair really sped along my learning.”
Which Wrestlers He’s Learned From: “Shawn Michaels, 10 or 15 years ago, was may favorite ever in the ring. Beating someone up, getting beat up. He was the best ever. I’ve taken a lot of advice from him. It’s incredible to watch him. He’s done it better than anyone I’ve ever seen.”
Working with Vickie Guerrero: “It’s been great. I think we make a good combination. Me and her work well together. No one gets booed more than Vickie Guerrero. People hate her and I love it. I like working with her. Hopefully, I can absorb some of that hatred. I know people don’t want to boo me because I look so good.”
His Goals in WWE: “I honestly want to be considered the greatest Intercontinental champion of all time. I want to be the world champion and I wanted to be one of the greatest sports entertainers that this business has ever seen.”
The complete interview can be read here.


WWE has discussed turning Kaval heel and having him feud with Rey Mysterio early next year.
When the NXT season two winner was initially signed, Mysterio was one of the people pushing for a program with him. However, injuries to both wrestlers derailed potential plans.


WWE has discussed tying the 20th anniversary of the debut of The Undertaker character with November’s Survivor Series. One of the ideas being discussed is a Buried Alive Match between The Undertaker and Kane.
There has been talk of it being Undertaker’s final run with the company and they wanted him to conclude his career with his longtime manager, Paul Bearer, by his side.
I personally hope that the Undertaker will keep on going for a couple of more years, because I still want to see him continue his streak on Wrestlemania. Live. While I'm there. Front row preferably.


While nobody expects Nexus to be disbanded, it has been noted that the faction’s merchandise sales have been poor. WWE officials expected the group to get over as anti-heroes, but its merchandise has failed to significantly move.


WWE will be releasing a two-disc Bobby “The Brain” Heenan DVD set on December 28th. Below is the official synopsis:
“Fans loved to boo Bobby Heenan but despite their vocal displeasure with The Weasel, everyone acknowledges he’s the greatest manager in the history of sports entertainment. He guided members of the infamous Heenan Family to great heights in both the AWA and WWE, even occasionally stepping into the ring himself. He also further cemented his place in pro wrestling lore by becoming one of the great color commentators of all time, completely earning his 2004 induction into the WWE Hall of Fame. Now, for the first time ever, fans can relive the Brain’s magnificent career in Bobby The Brain Heenan, a 2-disc DVD that tells the life story of Heenan as well as collects his most famous matches, interviews, and moments. “


 WWE has confirmed that NXT will begin airing on their website as of next Tuesday night. Next week will see the first Diva elimination.
Hopefully this will mean I can watch it over here in Holland as well... But probably not... So Vince, if you're reading this, please try to get it on Dutch TV as well! There are enough people that would watch it, given the chance. Now, instead, most people download every episode, illegally.


That's all for tonight folks, if there's anything you want to know more about it, ask about them in comments, and I'll see what I can find for you guys.

Until next time,

Rest In Peace,

Undertaker.

15 opmerkingen:

  1. Nice blog man, getting back in touch with wrestling and my roots as a kid.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. nice blog. i used to be big into wrestling but drifted away after the "attitude" era. tough to get back into, a lot of the wrestlers seem generic now.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Nice post man, pity i can't get back into watching it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. As a fan of TNA, I hope as many people go over there as possible. And I'm glad NXT is off TV.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I would love to watch Hardy v. Mysterio. Nothing like watching Hardy going against a midget.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Thanks for the insightful comments on my last blog post!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. i watch friday night smackdown as a joke. i can almost see why people are "interested". but it's a struggle for me to grasp.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen